Healthy cranberry sauce
Want to enjoy the holidays and your indulgences, but leave the guilt at home? Last year around the holidays I was doing a special cleanse and had a very limited nutrition plan, and cranberries were the only fruit I could eat, ironically. So I found this awesome sugar free healthy cranberry sauce recipe on recipes.steviva.com and it tasted awesome! I thought I had posted it last year but apparently not, so here it is now for you to enjoy for the holidays!
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 1/16 tspn stevia
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- Fine grate orange peel and set aside.
- Place cranberries and water in a medium saucepan. Over high heat, cook until the cranberries burst.
- Lower heat to simmer.
- Stir in orange zest and stevia.
- Continue cooking 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve.