This 2B Mindset recipe was straight up delicious. My wife’s favorite pasta dish is fettuccini alfredo and she was over the moon for this dish. It’s really surprising how the avocado/yogurt combo mimics the alfredo sauce. It’s hard to believe it’s dairy free.
Zucchini Alfredo Recipe
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 servings protein (grilled chicken, shrimp, etc)
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 2 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- Combine avocado, yogurt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp onion powder in a medium bowl.
- Heat large nonstick skillet, lightly coated with olive oil, over medium heat.
- Add protein, season with remaining 1/4 tsp pepper, remaining 1/4 tsp garlic powder, and remaining 1/4 tsp onion powder; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini, cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes. Drain excess liquid from skillet. This step is key, really make sure you cook the liquid out of the zucchini.
- Add avocado mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes, or until protein is fully cooked, and mixture is heated through.
- Evenly divide zucchini mixture between two serving plates. Evenly top with cheese; serve immediately.