Meet the Fit Dude
John is a health & fitness coach who helps others get in the best shape of their lives and live their dreams! Read More…
Recently From the Blog
Taco Zucchini Boats
We discovered this incredibly tasty recipe in the 2B Mindset set of meal plans and recipes, in case you’re looking for other similar recipes.
The 2B Mindset program helps you rethink nutrition without counting calories or having to feel like you’re missing your favorite foods. No foods are off limits, your emotional eating gets under control as you lose weight and keep it off.
TRY THE 2B MINDSET PROGRAM
Taco Zucchini Boats
(Makes 2 servings, 3 boats each)
Total Time: 57 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 42 min.
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 12 oz raw 93% lean ground turkey breast or ground beef
- 1 tsp low-sodium (or no-sodium) taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup all-natural tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp fresh salsa
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly coat baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove inner flesh from zucchini halves using a spoon or melon baller. Chop zucchini flesh and set aside.
- Place zucchini halves in baking dish, cut side up.
- Heat medium nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium-high heat.
- Add diced onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add turkey. Cook, stirring frequently to break up turkey, for 4-5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Reduce heat to low.
- Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, and zucchini flesh. Cook, stirring frequently, 4-5 minutes, or until heated through and well blended.
- Evenly divide turkey mixture into six zucchini halves. Top evenly with cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until zucchini is tender-crisp and cheese is melted.
- Top evenly with salsa, green onions, and cilantro.
Spaghetti Squash Crust Pizza
This spaghetti squash crust pizza recipe will blow you away! Who needs carb crust with this? You sure won’t! You’re gonna love this!
We found this recipe in our monthly 2B Mindset recipes that we receive from Beachbody. Krystle’s favorite food is pizza, so this was a no-brainer for us to try. It honestly turned out better than we could have imagined, so now we will try all kinds of pizza flavors in the future.
If you’d like to get monthly recipes like this, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can show you how!
- 2 spaghetti squashes
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1.2 tbs dried oregano
- 1.5 tbs dried basil
- 1 cup Victoria or Rao marinara (available at Costco)
- 1.4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package uncured pepperoni
- First, cut each spaghetti squash in half and scoop out like a jack-o-lantern.
- Secondly, using a fork, pierce holes in the skin of each squash. Drizzle olive oil and Himalayan sea salt on each half and place skin up on parchment paper.
- Next, bake squash at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until you can scrape meat with fork.
- After that, place squash in a very large bowl, adding eggs and herbs. Mix well.
- Then, place squash mixture on parchment covered pizza pan. Press down to form crust.
- Next, bake for 20-30 minutes, until top is dry and edges begin to brown.
- Finally, add marinara, mozzarella, pepperoni, and any other toppings. Bake for another 10 minutes.
This 2B Mindset recipe was straight up delicious. My wife’s favorite pasta dish is fettuccini alfredo and she was over the moon for this dish. It’s really surprising how the avocado/yogurt combo mimics the alfredo sauce. It’s hard to believe it’s dairy free.
Zucchini Alfredo Recipe
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 servings protein (grilled chicken, shrimp, etc)
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 2 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- Combine avocado, yogurt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp onion powder in a medium bowl.
- Heat large nonstick skillet, lightly coated with olive oil, over medium heat.
- Add protein, season with remaining 1/4 tsp pepper, remaining 1/4 tsp garlic powder, and remaining 1/4 tsp onion powder; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini, cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes. Drain excess liquid from skillet. This step is key, really make sure you cook the liquid out of the zucchini.
- Add avocado mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes, or until protein is fully cooked, and mixture is heated through.
- Evenly divide zucchini mixture between two serving plates. Evenly top with cheese; serve immediately.