We discovered this incredibly tasty recipe in the 2B Mindset set of meal plans and recipes, in case you’re looking for other similar recipes.
The 2B Mindset program helps you rethink nutrition without counting calories or having to feel like you’re missing your favorite foods. No foods are off limits, your emotional eating gets under control as you lose weight and keep it off.
TRY THE 2B MINDSET PROGRAM
Taco Zucchini Boats
(Makes 2 servings, 3 boats each)
Total Time: 57 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 42 min.
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 12 oz raw 93% lean ground turkey breast or ground beef
- 1 tsp low-sodium (or no-sodium) taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup all-natural tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp fresh salsa
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly coat baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove inner flesh from zucchini halves using a spoon or melon baller. Chop zucchini flesh and set aside.
- Place zucchini halves in baking dish, cut side up.
- Heat medium nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium-high heat.
- Add diced onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add turkey. Cook, stirring frequently to break up turkey, for 4-5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Reduce heat to low.
- Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, and zucchini flesh. Cook, stirring frequently, 4-5 minutes, or until heated through and well blended.
- Evenly divide turkey mixture into six zucchini halves. Top evenly with cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until zucchini is tender-crisp and cheese is melted.
- Top evenly with salsa, green onions, and cilantro.